Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. We may collect and process all or some of the following information
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Delivery address
- Phone number
- Marketing preferences
- Order History
- IP Address
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers’ utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Web Browsers in general have default settings that allow cookies to be stored. These settings can be enable or disabled when required. The information we gather from cookies is encrypted and we do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in any cookies we create.
List of Cookies currently deployed on our website
1St Party Cookies
.ASPXAUTH - used to determine if a user is authenticated (only used for authenticated users)
.ASP.Net_SessionId - automatically generated by ASP.Net (the technology used to build our website)
AuthenticationCookie - store identification of the current user (only set for authenticated users)
3rd Party Cookies
We also allow the use of specific 3rd Party Cookies on our website for example advertising, sales monitoring and tracking, social media . By definition these our cookies that are set by a 3rd Party domain and not by ourselves. These cookies can usually be blocked through your browser and security settings. 3rd Party cookies you may see on our website:-
Google Addwords - Tracking Cookies to help us and are advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with.
Google Advertising/Analytics - These cookies are used to track data about traffic to our website and via our advertising on 3rd Party sites. Further information on the cookies used can be found on www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
Facebook.com, Twitter.com – Cookies may be sent from these websites when you share our content through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. The settings of these cookies are controlled by the third parties concerned. Please visit the relevant third-party website for more information about the cookies used and how to control them.
The cookies used (both 1st and 3rd Party) on our website may change from time to time according to our operational/marketing needs.
How we use collected information
Jewellery World Limited may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service (Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently).
- To improve our Site (We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services).
- To process payments (We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service).
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature (To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them).
- To send periodic emails (We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email).
Legal grounds for processing your personal information
We rely on the following legal basis to use your personal data:
- Where the information is needed to provide you with our products, such as:
- Processing an order for a product, including considering whether or not to offer you the product, the price, the payment methods available and the terms and conditions of the transaction.
- Updating your records and to contact you about your account (where appropriate)
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a product and/or service, particular payment method and the price or terms of this
- To arrange delivery or collection of the products ordered or returned.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your order(s) or account(s) with us such as updating your records, contact you about your order or account.
- To gather customer feedback on the service we have provided to enhance the performance of our products, services and internal processes.
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies.
- For management and audit of our business operations.
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff for training and quality purposes.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services.
- We will send marketing to you by email, phone, post and social media and digital channels.
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- With your consent or explicit consent for some direct marketing communication.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Jewellery World website is held on a secure server using a verified SSL (secure socket layer). By clicking on the small padlock symbol at the top of your browser screen, next to the web address you will be taken to the sites security certificate. We use a PCI compliant third party payment gateway (which is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificate) for the capturing and processing of Credit/Debit Card payments. No card data is collected by or stored on our server.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
Examples of the third parties with whom we share data with are:
- Payment- -processing services
- Delivery couriers and postal services
- Email marketing services providers
- Customer service management systems
- Marketing companies who analyse our customer data
This list is not exhaustive and may change from time-to-time in line with our business activity.
We only share your information with third parties for those limited purposes who adhere to GDPR and are able to demonstrate that they have the correct levels of security in place.
Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as debt recovery agencies, back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
We rely on your consent to collect and process your data. You can withdraw this data on whole or in part at any time by contacting us as detailed below.
We are unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we will make this clear.
Length of data storage
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as completing orders made by you, managing our ongoing business relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance; and/or
- For a period of no longer than 6 years.
All persons have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information
If you want to exercise any of the above rights or in the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us) you have the right to withdraw your consent , please email or send a letter to our data point of contact as indicated in the section “Contacting us” below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
In the interest of protecting your personal data, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights).
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You can stop us marketing to you via post or email by :-
· By clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the footer of any marketing email we send
- By contacting us and asking to “opt out” (see under “contacting us” below)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws:
Jewellery World Limited
C/O Freedman Frankl & Taylor
Reedham House, 3
1 King Street West,